Do not hesitage to give us a call. We are an expert team and we are happy to talk to you.
The Huayna Potosi is located near of the city of La Paz. It´s a popular mountain as its close to the capitol city. This mountain has two summits, north summit (6094 m.a.s.l.) and south summit (5960 m.a.s.l.). Normal route will take you to the north (main summit), from where you´ll be able to see an incredible sunrise and a unique dawn over La Paz.
Huayna Potosi offers also other options with higher difficult, like the “French route” on the south face and the west face with 1000 meters
Andinist Bolivia office, Sagarnaga street, # 383, La Paz, Bolivia
This promotion is intended for all people who want to reach their first 6094 m. and in good physical condition who wish to have a first experience in High Mountain without major technical difficulties.
08:30 am Partimos desde La Paz hacia la plataforma Zongo
Desde el campamento base, subiremos al campamento alto. Caminaremos por la morena que se ve en su primera parte aplomada y posteriormente que presenta una mayor pendiente. Disfrutaremos de la hermosa vista del valle de Zongo. Después de dos horas y media de caminata, llegaremos al refugio del campo alto donde pernoctaremos.
En la tentativa de cumbre comenzaremos la ascensión a las 3 de la mañana aprovechando de la consistencia del terreno en este trayecto. Disfrutaremos de un amanecer único. La ruta incluye una sección de dificultad llamada la “pala chica” de 30 metros con una pendiente de 50 grados. Después de eso, seguiremos caminos planos y secciones de poca pendiente para alcanzar la última parte inclinada de 45 grados llamada “pala grande”, esta nos llevará a la cima. Bajaremos por el mismo camino para llegar al campo base y a La Paz.
• Bolivia – Boliviano (BOB)
• United States – Dollar (USD)
• Europe – Euro (EUR)
• If you plan to arrive in advance to be able to acclimatize it is best to make the reservation of the hotel where you choose to stay in advance, especially in the high season (March to October).
• In the city of La Paz you can find accommodations from 10usd per night to 300usd per night, depending on the category of accommodation you choose
• The most recommended for natural acclimatization is the water consumption days before starting the service (1.5 liters of water per day minimum)
• If you come from cities at sea level, arrive at the city of La Paz at least 4 days before, one week as an ideal
• The minimum experience required to make the ascent to Huayna Potosí is to have made treks and have an optimal physical state
• The normal route of the Huayna Potosí has an inclination of between 30 ° and 40 ° inclination in more than 85% and has two sections (pala chica and pala grande) with an inclination of 45 °, these are the most demanding sections , its difficulty represents an ideal option to conquer a first 6000mts mountain
• Contact the mail: firstname.lastname@example.org in case you want to request modifications and / or cancellations, it is recommended to make a detailed description of the facts, explaining what happened and formulating in clear and simple terms the solution you want.
• For cancellation of reservation or change of any tourist service must be made 2 days before, in case of cancellation will have to pay a percentage of 50% for damages.
• If you request a change outside the deadlines and procedures explained in the previous point, you will pay an applicable penalty for the requested changes.
• If you cancel outside the established deadlines you will not be entitled to reimbursement.
• The postponement or advancement of the dates stipulated in each case, may be made in accordance with the modalities, conditions and availability of the different service providers, the rate differences for seasonal change, if applicable. The Company is exempt from any responsibility in case of not being able to satisfy the changes requested by the tourist.
• The right granted to the client by the tourist services contract, may be transferred or transferred to other persons up to 2 days before the departure date, and this must be communicated to the Company reliably.
• Once the trip has begun, the suspension, modification or interruption of any of the services that you voluntarily wish to use, will not have the right to demand a refund for the services left