Do not hesitage to give us a call. We are an expert team and we are happy to talk to you.
The Huayna Potosi is located near of the city of La Paz. It´s a popular mountain as its close to the capitol city. This mountain has two summits, north summit (6094 m.a.s.l.) and south summit (5960 m.a.s.l.). Normal route will take you to the north (main summit), from where you´ll be able to see an incredible sunrise and a unique dawn over La Paz.
Huayna Potosi offers also other options with higher difficult, like the “French route” on the south face and the west face with 1000 meters
Andinist Bolivia office, Sagarnaga street, # 383, La Paz, Bolivia.
This promotion is intended for all people who want to reach their first 6094 m. and in good physical condition who wish to have a first experience in High Mountain without major technical difficulties.
We will depart from the city of La Paz which is exactly 3600 masl from the offices of Andinist Bolivia where we will also deliver the material for the ascension to Huayna Potosi such as jackets, pants, boots, etc.. We will make a small stop on the way to Huayna Potosi, in the historic abandoned cemetery of Milluni. Approximately 2 hours after departure from the city of La Paz we will arrive at the base camp of Huayna Potosi at 4780 masl where we will begin acclimatization and climbing school, we will make a small trekking of 45 minutes to the “old glacier” to 4970 masl where we will learn the correct use of the ice axes and crampons then we will take a walk on the glacier and we will make a vertical climb on ice from 80 to 90 degrees in finished the climbing school will return to the base camp to enjoy a delicious hot meal and spend the night.
We will enjoy a good breakfast, after that we will have a time to rest and organization to start the ascent to the high camp that we will make after lunch. The route towards the high camp will be a trekking of approximately 2 hours and 30 minutes, with a moderate level of difficulty. When we arrive at the High Camp at 5270 masl we will have a rest where we will be able to enjoy the landscape and the wonders that offers the “High Camp of the Huayna Potosí” (view of the valley of Zongo) later we will pass to prepare the things for the attempt of summit, we will enjoy a dinner and we will rest to leave early the following day.
In the attempt of summit, we’ll leave at midnight where we will realize a trekk of ascent course to the summit with a level of difficulty PD (Little difficult) that lasted approximately 5 hours until arriving at the summit of the Huayna Potosi to 6094 masl where we will have the opportunity to see a unique dawn and an amazing view of what surrounds it (the Illimani, the city of La Paz, the city of El Alto, Lake Titicaca, the entrance to the yungas of La Paz, among other places) after enjoying the panorama and wonders offered by the Huayna Potosí we will descend to the high camp where we will rest and warm up with a delicious soup and continue down to the base camp to return to the city of La Paz.
• Bolivia – Boliviano (BOB)
• United States – Dollar (USD)
• Europe – Euro (EUR)
• If you plan to arrive in advance to be able to acclimatize it is best to make the reservation of the hotel where you choose to stay in advance, especially in the high season (March to October).
• In the city of La Paz you can find accommodations from 10usd per night to 300usd per night, depending on the category of accommodation you choose
• The most recommended for natural acclimatization is the water consumption days before starting the service (1.5 liters of water per day minimum)
• If you come from cities at sea level, arrive at the city of La Paz at least 4 days before, one week as an ideal
• The minimum experience required to make the ascent to Huayna Potosí is to have made treks and have an optimal physical state
• The normal route of the Huayna Potosí has an inclination of between 30 ° and 40 ° inclination in more than 85% and has two sections (pala chica and pala grande) with an inclination of 45 °, these are the most demanding sections , its difficulty represents an ideal option to conquer a first 6000mts mountain
• Contact the mail: firstname.lastname@example.org in case you want to request modifications and / or cancellations, it is recommended to make a detailed description of the facts, explaining what happened and formulating in clear and simple terms the solution you want.
• For cancellation of reservation or change of any tourist service must be made 2 days before, in case of cancellation will have to pay a percentage of 50% for damages.
• If you request a change outside the deadlines and procedures explained in the previous point, you will pay an applicable penalty for the requested changes.
• If you cancel outside the established deadlines you will not be entitled to reimbursement.
• The postponement or advancement of the dates stipulated in each case, may be made in accordance with the modalities, conditions and availability of the different service providers, the rate differences for seasonal change, if applicable. The Company is exempt from any responsibility in case of not being able to satisfy the changes requested by the tourist.
• The right granted to the client by the tourist services contract, may be transferred or transferred to other persons up to 2 days before the departure date, and this must be communicated to the Company reliably.
• Once the trip has begun, the suspension, modification or interruption of any of the services that you voluntarily wish to use, will not have the right to demand a refund for the services left